Loose motion, Diarrhea and Dysentery are all one and the same condition and refer to the frequent passing of watery and loose stools.
Quick Tips For Loose Motion
- Loose Motion Cause & Symptoms
- Diet for Loose Motion
- Home Remedies for Loose Motion
Found to occur more commonly in children, loose motion or dysentery if unchecked can result in dehydration. Children are more susceptible to loose motions because of their weak digestive system. The main symptoms seen in during loose motion condition are frequent, loose and watery stools, vomiting and loss of appetite, abdominal cramps, fever, nausea, and stomach pain. If proper care of this health disorder is not taken on time, it may lead to a fatal situation since excess loss of the body fluids occurs.
During loose motion or diarrhea condition, utmost amounts of liquids and fresh fruits should be consumed such that levels of body fluids are maintained. There are many home remedies for loose motion that are effective enough to bring halt to this sorry state of your body and relieve you of the agonizing symptoms. Home remedies for loose motion are very effective and can be given in early hours itself.
Top Trending Articles:
1.Loose Motion Causes, Symptoms and Diet
Loose motions can be embarrassing to anyone. Loose motion can happen due to a variety of causes but it makes you go to the toilet and it disrupts your normal life. You could be inconvenienced for a day or two. There are allopathic remedies as well as age-old traditional herbal and home remedies for loose motion in adults and home remedies for loose motion in kids. The condition is not serious but it does not mean you should ignore it since it can cause secondary issues like dehydration. Learn about loose motion or diarrhea and the home remedies for loose motion, diarrhea you can use.
Loose Motion Causes
There can be any number of loose motion causes. One of the most common reasons is indigestion of contaminated food. Bacterial infection or viral infection in the intestines causes of loose motions. Another loose motion cause is excess consumption of alcohol. Besides, there are other causes such as side effect of medicines, abuse of laxatives, surgery, therapy for radiation, allergy to foods, crohn’s disease, cancer or an overactive thyroid. Some people eat some food in excess and this could disagree, causing loose motions. Your body may have trouble absorbing nutrients in the food and loose motion could be the result. Loose motion exhibits itself in a variety of ways through ready to recognize symptoms.
Loose Motion Symptoms
The symptoms of loose motion are easy to detect:
- You pass loose, watery stools several times a day.
- Stools are thin, loose or watery
- You may experience nausea
- Vomiting could also show itself
- Your belly might feel bloated and you might have stomach pains
If situation continues for several days, it turns serious, especially if there is presence of blood, undigested food or mucus in the stool accompanied with fever and weight loss. At first sight a doctor will recommend basic allopathic medication to stop loose motions. However, you can also use natural ways to stop diarrhea/loose motion. There are effective home remedies for diarrhea/loose motion and, if it is a normal case of loose motion, any of these could be effective. Along with implementing these home remedies for loose motion in adults or home remedies for loose motion in kids, you would also have to take appropriate diet for loose motion.
Diet for Loose Motion
If you are down with a case of loose motion then the first thing you do, apart from initiating appropriate remedial steps, is to control your diet.
- Ingest higher than usual amount of water to replace the bodily fluids you are losing through watery stools. Add a pinch of salt and a little bit of sugar to every glass of water or use an oral rehydration pack to maintain electrolyte balance.
- Do not eat spicy or oily foods.
- Rice or khichdi is recommended.
- You can consume rice or khichdi made with moong dal along with curds. The two will combine to bind stools and make them solid. Curds will also kill fungi. You can add mint leaves and coriander leaves to the curd.
- Rice can be consumed with raw banana curry. Make sure you do not add chilli or pepper powder to the curry made with raw bananas.
- You can drink sweet lime juice at intervals of 2 hours.
- Coconut water is also recommended since it contains minerals and it similar to electrolyte in human body.
- You can eat a ripe banana every 2-3 hours to keep up your energy. You can use whisked curd and banana slices combination to keep yourself fortified while the two ingredients solidify stools.
Follow these diets and, at the same time, try home remedies for loose motion and stomach pain. These home remedies for diarrhea are quite effective and bring quick relief with no side effects. On the contrary, your system becomes stronger when you use these home remedies for loose motion and vomiting and you emerge healthier.
Read this next
- 5 Best Home Remedies To Stop Loose Motions Effectively
- How To Stop Loose Motions Within Minutes
- 3 Ways You Can Cure Loose Motions During Pregnancy Using Home Remedies
- 7 Speedy Home Remedies for Loose Motion
- How Raw Banana Stops Loose Motions Immediately
- Mint is Effective in Loose Motions and Soothes Your Tummy
2.Best 23 Home Remedies for Loose Motion, Stomach Pains and Vomiting
There are dozens of tried and tested home remedies for loose motion, vomiting and stomach pains. Try any of these and one of them is sure to work for you. Just start with a couple of them.
- Make a paste of ginger and then put it in a sieve.
- Pour water through it.
- Use this water, diluted with warm water to which you add lemon juice, crushed mint leaves, salt and honey.
- You can use buttermilk instead of water.
- Drink this buttermilk enriched with ginger at least 3 times during the day.
2. Jeera (Cumin Seeds) for Loose Motions
- Roast jeera lightly in a pan.
- Let it cool and grind it to powder.
- Add one spoon to buttermilk along with salt and a little bit of honey.
- This drink will soothe your intestines, improve digestion and stop loose motion.
3. Cinnamon and Honey
4. Fennel Seeds For Loose Motion
Fennel is a known carminative and it also soothes the stomach. Just chew fennel seeds in small doses throughout the day. It is an effective home remedy for loose motion and bloating.
- You can also make an infusion of crushed seeds in water and then add crushed rose petals, honey and a little bit of salt.
- This drink will rehydrate, restore salt balance and soothe your stomach.
If you can get fresh amla, use it by all means as an effective home remedy for diarrhea. Alternatively, use amla churna mixed with honey and a little bit of salt.
6. Tulsi Leaves for Loose Motion
Make tea and use crushed tulsi leaves in the tea. There are various types of tulsi available in market. This is a fine remedy for diarrhea and a loose motions cure.
7. Raw papaya
Raw papaya has papain and enzymes that settle the stomach. Run papaya pieces in a blender and extract the juice. Drink this, ¼ cup, 3 times a day.
If vomiting is a feature then the patient must also try to drink an infusion of neem leaves.
9. Anjwain (carom)
Lightly roast ajwain and powder the seeds. Mix with hing and a little bit of rock salt and consume this powder 3 times a day. It is an effective home remedy for loose motion and stomach pains.
10. Curds and fenugreek
Powder fenugreek seeds after lightly roasting them in a pan. Add to butter milk along with jeera powder and some rock salt. Drinking this every 3 hours is a fine home remedy for loose motion.
11. Lemon Juice and Bitter Gourd Juice
When diarrhea strikes you must remain hydrated. The best way is to warm water. Extract juice of karela or bitter gourd and add to the water along with juice of half a lime, rock salt and a spoonful of honey. This is an effective home remedy for loose motions and vomiting that also keeps your body hydrated and salt level balanced.
12. Pomegranate Peel
Pomegranate is at the top of the list when it comes to home remedies for diarrhea. Boil peel of half a pomegranate and add honey to the infusion. You may add ginger to the boiling water. Drink this infusion every hour and your diarrhea should stop within a day. Another method is to lightly roast peels over open flame and powder them and take one spoon mixed with curds. You can eat pomegranate seeds. Make a juice of the seeds and give to infants if they suffer from loose motions.
Nutmeg contains myristicin, a known antibiotic. Just take one piece of nutmeg and keep it in your mouth. Just let the juices flow and swallow them. Myristicin also calms and soothes your mind as well as inflamed bowels.
14. Tea and Black coffee
Make an infusion of tea along with mint and some ginger. Drink it at intervals of 2 hours. You can also take black coffee to stop loose motion.
15. Guava Leaves
Crush guava leaves and make an infusion. Drink this infusion thrice a day with some salt and honey.
16. Carrot Juice
Clean, wash and dice carrots and run the pieces in a blender alone or with a bunch of mint leaves. Drink this juice plain or with salt and honey. It is great for diarrhea and stomach pain.
Dry roast mustard seeds lightly and powder them. Take with some salt. Another method to use this home remedy for loose motion is to crush seeds and boil them in water and strain. Drink this infusion 3 times a day.
18. Bael or bili
It is not easy to get hold of bael fruit but if you can, this is an excellent home remedy for loose motion and vomiting. Extract pulp from unripe fruit and roast over fire and then powder it. Add to buttermilk along with jeera powder and salt and enjoy 3 times a day to get relief.
19. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are effective in stopping diarrhea. Take a handful of curry leaves and make a paste or make an infusion in water. You can add paste to buttermilk. The infusion can be taken plain or with salt and honey to restore electrolyte levels.
If they are in season, get the fresh jambu fruit and eat the outer purple fruit. Do not throw away the seeds. Make a paste and mix with water and then drink this to cure loose motion. If they are not in season get the leaves and chew them or make an infusion in water.
21. Kismis and Pomegranate Seeds.
Soak kismis in water and then extract pomegranate seeds. Run them in blender and add to buttermilk. It gives energy and is an excellent home remedy for loose motion and dysentery.
Get fresh coriander from the market and wash thoroughly. Do not discard stalks. Chop them and run them in a blender and drink the juice 3 times a day to get relief from diarrhea and vomiting.
23. Guduchi and Giloy
These are two well known ayurvedic remedies for stomach related ailments. Get the churna or ready to use pills from ayurvedic stores. You can get gotu kola root powder from ayurvedic stores and mix with licorice and milk, a useful remedy for dysentery. In cases of dysentery it is found that using kavach (cowhage-mucuna pruriens) beej powder with milk gives benefit. If loose motions are caused due to irritable bowel syndrome then you will find that consuming tagar (Indian valerian) will prove extremely helpful. It also relieves stomach pain.
Use these home remedies for loose motion only in ordinary cases of loose motion and diarrhea. If you see blood in stools or high fever then it is better to consult a doctor immediately.
3.Drink Based 6 Home Remedies for Loose Motion
Mint, Honey and Lemon Juice Remedy for Loose Motion
- Mint is valuable in treating loose motion. Mint can be had in any form.
- Take one teaspoon of mint juice with a teaspoon each of lime juice and honey to get tremendous result.
- Take this mixture at least twice or thrice in a day.
Citrus Juice Remedy to Get Rid of Loose Motion
Drinking citrus fruit juices brings you energy in no time as these liquids get assimilated faster than the solid foods. Lemon juice, orange juice, sweet lime juices are all good home remedies for loose motion.
- Prepare lemon juice by squeezing half a lime in warm water and
- then add pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar to it,
- mix well and drink it.
- Consuming this juice stops loose motion and moreover it provides adequate energy
Lime Juice Remedy for Loose Motion
- Take half a teaspoon each of lemon juice and ginger juice and mix it with about 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder.
- Consume this concoction twice daily.
- Make a paste of lemon and its seeds and to add a pinch of salt to it.
- Consume one teaspoon of this lime paste at least twice daily.
Starch Based Drinks
Drinking starchy fluids such as rice gruel is beneficial in controlling loose motions. Other starch based drinks that are useful for treating loose motions are barley water, arrowroot water and coconut water.
Treat Loose Motions with Buttermilk
- Drink a glass of buttermilk in which soaked and blended fenugreek seeds are added.
- This helps to control the motions at once. Buttermilk destroys germs.
- Drinking buttermilk at least thrice will a day will help to control the unmanageable disorder.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk that is mixed with a pinch of salt.
- This helps to keep your digestion easy.
Tea Cures Loose Motion
Drinking Black tea or green tea will not only make you feel refreshed but also provide your body with a lot of resistance.
Tea is an antioxidants rich drink and thus helps to flush out the body toxins.
4.Vegetables and Fruits Natural Remedy For Loose Motion
Bitter Gourd Remedy To Get Rid of Loose Motion
Bitter gourd juice is another home remedy for loose motion as it quenches your thirst even after frequent rounds of potty sessions.
Also it keeps your body hydrated during the infection.
Red Radish Remedy To Get Rid of Loose Motion
- To a cup of cold milk, add a handful of blended red radishes and
- about ½ teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Mix well and consume.
- This is a natural remedy for loose motion.
Bottle Gourd Remedy To Get Rid of Loose Motion
Fresh bottle gourd juice should be taken every day to restore the lost water in the body.
- To 25 grams of dried wood apple or Beal fruit powder, add honey and mix.
- Take this mixture 3 to 4 times in the day to get relief.
- Beal juice with its cleansing quality helps the stomach and cures loose motion.
- Take banana with curd as this is a useful home remedies for frequent motions.
- Boil a handful of Pomegranate leaves in water and filter it.
- Drinking this water helps to stop loose motion.
- Boil some apple pieces in milk and consume them at least 3 times in a day.
- Doing so helps in curing loose motion.
Other Miscellaneous Remedies To Get Rid of Loose Motion
- Harad paste is a wonderful home remedies for loose motion if taken 3 to 4 times daily.
- A paste of garlic or a teaspoon of nutmeg powder act like the antibiotic home remedy as they help to destroy the germs that cause food allergies.
- Ginger tea helps to stop stomach cramps and stomach ache.
- Brown Rice Remedy : cook some brown rice in water for nearly an hour. Once it’s cooked well, strain the mixture. And separate the water. Consume the rice and drink the rice cooked water.
#home remedies for loose motion #stomach pain with loose motion #child loose motion #home remedies for vomiting and loose motion #what to eat during loose motion #home remedies for loose motion in infants #loose motion medicine #how to stop loose motion #loose motion causes #loose motion during pregnancy #how to cure loose motion #how to get loose motion #stomach pain and loose motion #how to get rid of loose motion #causes of loose motion
Home Remedies for Loose Motion article helpful to you?
- Like: 14334
- Recommend: 6522
Ajoy, Jul 10, 2014
Add spoonful of fenugreek seeds powder into one glass of buttermilk. Drink. Loose motions tighten up.
Fravash, Aug 23, 2014
Here in India we turn to bael fruit or leaf juice to take care of loose motions. It is age old remedy that works.
Ekayavan, Nov 16, 2014
Grind curry leaves to a paste, add turmeric powder and mix into water to which add salt and drink to overcome loose motions.
Manisha, Dec 02, 2014
It can be extremely harmful to pop pills right at the start of a loose motion. It is your body’s way to eliminate toxin and so you should wait for sometime and let it pass. Instead of using pills, try some home remedies that would naturally gradually stop the watery bowels, all the while keeping your body hydrated and aiding in the retention of fluid and minerals. By drinking buttermilk time and again you can achieve this easily.
Shikha, Jan 08, 2015
Bottle guards are believed to be one of the home remedies for loose motion, very good for liver and over all digestive system. Make a juice of one medium sized bottle guard and store it in refrigerator. Drink it from time to time. In addition of checking loose motion, it will also aid in balancing the body’s water loss.
Karan, Feb 02, 2015
Some people have a tendency to pop pills in the slightest indication of a loose motion. But this is absolutely not necessary. In case of not-so serious loose motion, first try to get it checked through various home remedies. However if it continues for more than 24 hours, consult a doctor. Before that try this home remedy with mustard seeds that have strong anti bacterial properties. Soak half a tea spoon of mustard seeds in half cup of water for 10/15 minutes. Now drink it up and repeat the process for two/three times a day.